The application submitted by Hodin87 is as follows:

Quote:
About you!

Antony

Age?:

Nationality:
Cypriot

Tell us about yourself (hobbies, occupation etc.):
i work as a sales advisor, and on my spare time i play wow and going out with friends.

Real ID, so we can contact you regareding your application.:
battletag: hodin#2154

About your character!

Character Name:
Hodin

Class:
Paladin

Spec:
Retribution/ Prot

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Hodin/simple

Character Level:
90 501ilvl

Race:
Human

Could you please add a WoL log.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qycup4o3j5lmlx5x/details/9/

Professions?:
mining/ Jewelcrafting

Any alts that could come in handy for our raids?:
Soadize, low ilvl though

Now the important questions, be sure to fill them in correctly.

Can you handle abuse, childish humour, sexualised humour, and outright racist comments?*:
Yes

How did you find us?:
i saw Healslet spamming in trade channel so i thought i might try my luck here :)

What are your goals in WoW, a simple answer is not sufficient.:
My goal in WoW is to do all things i haven't done yet/ I wasn't given the chance to do before. Be it a new raid boss, a new hardmode or even coming back from work and see that everyone showed up for their raid, on time and ready for it, unlike past experiences.

What do you expect from FrameWalkers?:
being recruited ;) and the rest will show i guess.

What can we expect from you?:
Dedication, obeying orders, speaking my mind on vent/ts3/insert VoIP program here when i believe that i have to. 100% attendance

We work on a rotation for raids and often swap people out, this happens often on progress where we use certain combinations for fights to make it easier to down it. Would you be annoyed if you were benched for 2 nights in a row for us to get a kill.:
If it 's for guild progress i don't mind.

Gaming experience (include other MMO's):
I started playing MMO 's in 2006, starting with Mu online, but i quit that early on because of various issues. I then started playing WoW (march 17, 2006) with a warrior on DarkSorrow but never raided with him, then i switched to a Death Knight on Sunstrider (Soadize) who used to be my main and with which i started raiding in -mid- WotlK until Cataclysm came and i decided to roll a Paladin then i was mindblown by the class, therefore switching to Hodin as a main.
I did try out Lotro, i quit within a week. even gave Lineage 2 a try but i found it worthless so i just stuck on WoW.

Raiding Experience (Do not lie on this question, please include everything starting from vanilla):
Vanilla: joined WoW towards the end
TBC: Didn't play a lot due to heavy working schedule/ army and then university
Wotlk: started raiding in Sunstrider server, i got lucky to be taken with some pugs for VoA and then some "weekly quest" bosses in Naxxramas, then started with some friends raiding ICC10 and got to 9/12 before the cataclysm came. which was where i started raiding more heavily.
Cataclysm. i got unlucky at the start of cataclysm never finding a proper group until right before 4.2 came out when i joined a nice guild and downed all bosses from 4.0.3 and then moved straight into Firelands. But then with some decent progress the raid leader left and because the guild was frozen just before we tried any hcs i left and tried my luck with another guild for 4.3 "the flying dutchman". We managed to down DW fast but we didn't make it to hcs, except morchok who was a joke boss ofc.
MoP: the flying dutchman is now destroyed due to ppl leaving/ not having time to spend in game, so all progress i have now is from pugs. and ToT progress from current guild.

Any notable PvP achievements?:
i don't really enjoy pvp.

Previous Guilds and why did you leave them?:
i have had a buch of guild changes since 2006 but the most recent ones were:
Abused Immortality: left because of a friend making a guild of his own
Outlaw immortals: left because of no raiding.
The Flying Dutchman: kicked most of the raiders which started new guild of their own, Mile hyjal club.
Mile Hyjal Club: want to leave because of no people are interested enough, they wont try recruiting people so they can make the raids etc.

Do you have Teamspeak 3? If not will you able to get it?:
i do have TS3 installed and updated.

Are you vocal on Teamspeak 3?:
I am and i also know when to keep my mouth shut, which i consider a gift, at times.

Information about your computer and internet connection::
Dell laptop Inspiron n7110 using Win7x64 pro
CPU: i7 - 2630QM @2.00Ghz
RAM: 8gb
i play with all settings at ultra and i get around 27-50fps at all times. while in a raid i get up to 65 fps.

internet connection: isp- CYTA (national provider so no dcs). speed 8mbps
no lag, no dcs. Latency is about 85-122 most of the times, but i do have lag issues when using mumble (only with mumble though)

Anyone who could vote for you in FrameWalkers?:
not that i know of, but maybe someone remembers me from a group/ pug etc.

Anything else you want to add?:
thanks for taking the time and reading my application, and even if i'm not chosen i wish you guys the best of luck. :)

Kegan
FrameWalkers
Guild Master

re: DECLINED - App: Hodin87 - by FrameWalkers

Hey, thanks for your application. How is your protection gear? How used are you to playing in a team, since your raid experience seems to be lacking somewhat.

Edit:

What are your ideas on theorycrafting, what do you do to make sure you are playing your class most optimal?
Hodin87

FrameWalkers wrote:
Hey, thanks for your application. How is your protection gear? How used are you to playing in a team, since your raid experience seems to be lacking somewhat.

Edit:

What are your ideas on theorycrafting, what do you do to make sure you are playing your class most optimal?

Well, my protection gear is lacking as well, i have an ilvl of about 477 prot gear (with the 4-set bonus of tier 14 rf version) so i guess that is really low ilvl gear.
even though i think i can gather gear quickly enough to be able to off-tank.
as for playing in a team i am really used to it; as i have stated already i have been pugging my way through progress for the better part of MoP so far.

as for playing my most optimal for my class, i prefer to use the talent "Holy Avenger" instead of "Sanctified Wrath" because it gives me the opportunity to output a lot more Templar's Verdicts than SW. Despite the fact that it is commonly thought that SW does more damage than HA i find the difference minimal even in BiS item lists (around 4-8k dps), but in my case i actually do less dps with SW.

as for the last talent, i mainly go with "Execution Sentence", and i switch that around with "Light's Hammer" for AoE rotations such as the Horridon fight.

Gemming: i am using mainly pure yellow gems for yellow sockets "Quick Sun's Radiance" (+320 haste) and two "Quick Serpent's Eye" (jc only +480 haste) and for for other sockets i usually go for Hybrid gems such as "Fierce Vermillion Onyx" (+80 STR, +160 Haste) or "Lightning Wild Jade" (+160 haste, +160 Hit).

The reason behind that is that Haste is a God Stat for Paladins nowadays, and 5.3 changes to the passive ability "Sword of Light" is going to make that even better (so far in the PTR it has a 15% buff to damage done)

Thanks again for taking the time to review my application, and for the fast response!
Kegan
FrameWalkers
Guild Master

If we would recruit you we would only be interested in your tanking abilities, however right now your gear is just not good enough. We don't really mind gearing people but we are in a quite critical state where we have to perform.

You seem to be someone who is capable but right now we can't give you the raiding time needed to gear fast and build up more experience.

I would recommend you looking for a different guild and come back at us when you are geared, or stay there if you find a guild that you just love a lot.

I wish you all the luck finding something suitable.
Hodin87

FrameWalkers wrote:
If we would recruit you we would only be interested in your tanking abilities, however right now your gear is just not good enough. We don't really mind gearing people but we are in a quite critical state where we have to perform.

You seem to be someone who is capable but right now we can't give you the raiding time needed to gear fast and build up more experience.

I would recommend you looking for a different guild and come back at us when you are geared, or stay there if you find a guild that you just love a lot.

I wish you all the luck finding something suitable.

Well then, thanks for taking the time to review my application and i wish you all good luck! Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FrameWalkers Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum